IT Quiz in IT Fair

Ok, so on last Saturday (July 5th), there was an activity called IT Quiz which was held in conjunction with the IT Fair in MMU from July 4th - July 6th. Rahim and me were the committee for the event and we carried out our tasks really good, and everything went really smooth (at least that's what I think). Only the student of St. Francis High School were participated in the Quiz (don't ask me why only them). And team Pink (or their other alias, Crabby Fatty) was the champion of the Quiz.

There were few things that happened on that very day. First the IT Crowd "incident", and the other one was the sudden change of ending which really tripped some of us.

Firstly, the IT Crowd incident.
I was in charged to bring the "between-break" videos for the kids (well, not so "kids", their age ranges from 13 to 17 years old. talk about fair in this game). I thought, "hmm, I should bring the sitcom from Britain called "The IT Crowd" for them to watch, since it was the IT Quiz day.". Me, didn't what I did the night before the event, forgot to screen which episode I should bring. So I took 15 minutes before going to the venue which we should be there at 8. Well everything went ok until the break came. Rubern asked me to play the video and I did. And how foolish I was by thinking that it is cool for the kids to watch something that have vulgar words. After a few minutes the video played, suddenly one of the character said "bitch". Rubern, me, and Cell, was stunned, and we looked at the teacher who brought them there. She stopped laughing for a moment. Then after quite some times, everything went to normal again. The teacher came to her laughing moment again. Then I'm trying to recall whether are there any more dirty words in the video. Suddenly, the sentence "You f...... idiot!! You stupid old f......." hit me. Owh yeah. One of the character will swears to and old man. Not a very good example to the kids right?
I told Rubern, and we both panicked. Rubern and U quickly rushed to the PC to stop the video, and we stopped the video just the right moment before the sentence came out. Talk about close call.


The second incident:
Well, this one I'm not quite sure what happened. But all I know is after we planned every activity that we'll do, suddenly Amar, one of our group mate suggested that we should do a final IQ question which doesn't involve anything about the IT, and we all have to spend our own money to buy a present for the winner. I saw some of the group faces really pissed but didn't say anything. One of the group member telling me that we already came out the ideas, blah blah blah, he should've told us earlier, blah blah blah. I just listened, cause I don't give a fuck bout the extra question. And the funny thing is, they snatched the question from Bruce Willis' movie "Die Hard 3" question and ask the St. Francis students to answer it. I was like, what the fuck? Well, after that, everything was fine. Everyone was happy, especially that one kid who got the answer and won himself a 4Gig thumb drive. Lucky guy (I bet he watched the movie).





This is when the students were answering
the questions




Me while they all answering the questions




After the event finished (don't ask me bout the distance
between me and the girl. can't explain :D)




Another aftermath pic (Fun Pic. fun lar sangat.)



-L-

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

1 Comment:

Fadh said...

patut review dulu video sblm screening pd org ramai...hang dah tukaq stail rambut ka..huhu